Friday, May 11, 2007

Technology's Slave


My late laptop & modem...huhu

I have been "off-line" mostly the past few weeks. My laptop died on me. My modem got "burnt" during a lightning strike....the cable was connected, and i think affected the laptop motherboard as well as the repair-man said its burnt beyond repair. It's too expensive to replace the motherboard, almost the cost of a new laptop.

My sis kindly lend me her new laptop until i get a new one. But the first few days that i brought it home, it started to give problems. It hangs all the time and certain programs - most importantly the Internet Explorer wouldnt launch. Then it got worst, i couldnt even work on my power point slides.

The whole thing made me jumpy and restless...i desperately needed to get online. There are the must-visit blogs and forums to catch up with, online friends to talk to. You know what i mean....

I finally got the laptop working again after removing one corrupt antivirus program. Then i got a new wireless modem. Then it rained, and there was thunder and lightning for almost an entire day and night. Learning from my lesson, didnt dare to plug in the modem. Then i took 2 and a half days to get the modem set up and running because streamyx was not stable, and some setting problems ....which was finally resolved after speaking to 5 different tech people at the TMNet Helpdesk.

Anyway, all is good now (fingers crossed).

So many things to catch up: 2 long overdue proposals, workshop materials, case study research, upload langkawi pictures.

But its good to be back

No comments: