Friday, January 12, 2007

too free?

My current job is mostly project based. With me leaving in about a month's time...35 days to be exact (termasuk hujung minggu dan cuti umum;-)), i'm not taking on anything new. And the project i'm supposed to be finishing has been put on hold at client's request...but hey, whose complaining.

So during the working hours, i'm pretty much on a frolic of my own...reading blogs, surfing the net, gmail talk...lunch being the highlight of the day. Today the whole gang went out for lunch to this place called The Courtyard near our office, nice ambience, ok food - i wanted to take pictures but it was pretty dark inside the place. Our boss got a promotion, so it was free lunch today.

Two days back was more interesting.....my colleague Willy decided he need new shoes, so 4 of us drove to midvalley and pick out new shoes for him. Willy settled for a pair of black no-lace shoes from Primavera....and i played "stylist" cum "paparazi"..Today Willy's complaining the shoe is a bit loose...I told him leather shoes expand and to go for size 7. Tu la, next time listen to your stylist!


That's Willie browsing


Trying out a few pairs

There's a possibility that my pending project will re kick-off, i will know more on Monday. Fingers' crossed it will be in February or something, then i can have the new manager take over;-).

I need to rush to an office networking event in 1.5 hours, beats me why they planned this after work on a Friday. Meanwhile, i have time to plan my 2007 shopping wish list. (Jill, we better win the Dubai project;-))

3 comments:

Vernon Kedit said...

For a guy, Willie must really have small feet.

When I was a boy, Mom used to buy bigger shoes for me and though they were loose, she added in-soles and made me wear thick socks. She anticipated my outgrowing them. Mom's good at cost-saving. Someone should appoint her the Finance Minister or Head of Treasury.

Good luck on the Dubai Project.

Jill Yusoff said...

I am already spending the (anticipated) dosh. Three pairs on Sunday and I havent got matching bags. Dubai better happens!

anne said...

mr. m: haha....willie has no idea we are discussing his feet. Yup, my mom is the CFO of the family too;-) Thanks, we havent heard news on the Dubai project...

jill: benci, benci....ya, and u are dealing with allan from now on.

javard: so i've heard!!! definitely i will keep y'all posted of my new found freedom