Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Losing friends………

16 days from today, I will no longer work here.

I am staring at my laptop thinking I will miss my office friends. I have only worked here for 2 years, and a few of us gals got on pretty close the past year or so. I wonder if we will slowly grow apart, just like the rest ….

Back in my school days, I had a “geng” just like most people…….i don’t keep in touch with any of them after SPM. There were the odd postcards and letters the first year out of school, and one or two keep in touch once in a while during university days. Then, nothing.

I made many good friends during A Level days…..a few I still keep in touch until today, but we don’t contact each other that often, though I know where to find most of them.

Then there a friends from Uni, a special bunch of people…some will be reading this blog…the ones that remains close, I can count with one hand…the rest, are somewhere leading their own lives.

Then there are friends from the previous workplace….we were really close, like second family almost. We do keep in touch…another handful, but not like those days.

There’s Jill, Baby and Halley (in another country!)– I guess these 3 peeps wont drift away anytime so soon, but the rest will. Maybe it’s me – not making the effort…it has to work both ways I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

friendship takes effort ;-) but it's always worth it. I have some frens which I will hold dear and will always make a special effort to keep in touch ;-)

Jill Yusoff said...

stop writing mopey posts!

*sigh*

anne said...

lx...u'r right. I'll try to make more effort...shld include this into my to do list for 2007;-) (and welcome back, been a while...)

jill...cant help it. Having a mopey week.:-(

anne said...

J, u made a lot of sense. I have friends who i see once every 2 years, yet we still feel as close as ever.