Friday, January 19, 2007

Jinx?

I have come to a conclusion that any of my dealing with banks, financial institutions or related matters is bound to have some problem. I just got off the phone with the insurer. I have refinanced my house last year ( a huge problem that one...i've blogged about it before i think), and i should have gotten the refund for my MRTA. The last time i contacted the insurer, this nice lady told me they are waiting for the cheque to be signed...that was around october/november. Today i decided to follow up, and this officer for the life of her could not understand why my claim has not been paid. She kept saying you should have been paid, but the system showed no record of any payments issued. I was asked to resubmit my claim all over again....(just in case we cannot find your documents, she said.) Arrrgh

Just last week, i received a telegram (yes, a TELEGRAM in this day and age)from the finance company that legal action has been initiated against me for missing 2 car installments. The old car.....I traded in the car when i got the current one in November, which explains why i am no longer paying the loan. So i had to call the dealer and make a hell of a noise...and call the finance company to explain.

And then there's the credit card company chasing me down for a RM90 payment (its the full balance ok, not the minimum)...the thing is i have been to the cash machine of 2 different branches a few times but it didnt work each time. Then, sometime this week, i got another call from the same lady telling you have to bank in cash today or else......So i did, and paid over the counter.

3 comments:

anne said...

J, i thot as much, but when they hunt me down like some criminal...so irritating.

hmmm...an ex-banker academician..interesting.

Selamat Tahun Baru (Awal Muharram) Javard.

Vernon Kedit said...

No darling, you're not jinxed. You're just another victim of the system that you bought into, like all the rest of us.

anne said...

mr M...i guess we are all victims
;-(