Saturday, November 11, 2006

No TV!!!!!

Only a tv junkie like me would have a full appreciation of my predicament. There has been no Astro signal feed to my tv for the past 12 hours...(at least). Maybe more. I returned home at 10.30pm after a horrible day at work, some issues with the family and a supposedly stress-relieving workout at the gym - to a blank screen.

"Services currently not available"

Its a normal problem if it rains (yes, despite the fact its PAY_TV!!). But this one lasted forever. The agony of trying, and retrying and retrying.....Because i live in an apartment building, the feed comes from a central receiver...not that "wok"-like dish. So when there's a problem, you need building management to help. Not good at midnight, not good when the office is closed over the weekend.

I have no idea if the neighbours are facing the same problem, as tempting as it is to knock on their door and ask that late at night. I fell asleep, woke up, still no TV. I cant even get free tv coz the arial point is directly connected to astro, and i dont have an indoor antenna.

I had this problem before, and the building management had me call the Astro Service man...Mr. Ibrahim. I found the number. Just called the guy....he's on his way to Balakong, and will drop by in the afternoon. Apparently i'm not the only one with the problem.

Aaargh, so restless...Save me Mr. Ibrahim, save me...

7 comments:

Lollies said...

hei i am having some problem with this internet connection also. i cannpt access a particular page that i access everyday.

can mr ibrahim help too?

anne said...

Lolls....Sorry, Mr Ibrahim is too occupied to serve the Doha area;-)

Jill Yusoff said...

should have called me and we can go have supper, i was craving ubi kayu rebus over the weekend. hope mr. ibrahim had been the saviour.

Jill Yusoff said...

should have called me and we can go have supper, i was craving ubi kayu rebus over the weekend. hope mr. ibrahim had been the saviour.

anne said...

jill...supper would have been nice...yes, mr. ibrahim came through at almost midnite...

Vernon Kedit said...

Calm down, woman! Watch DVDs instead. Or listen to the radio and request for Yanie's duet with Diddy! (Yes, I know I'm cheeky!)

anne said...

Mr. M, ok...ok....i'm calm already! I've been looking out for the song, havent catched it on air...but then i only listen to the radio while driving.....