Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Snacthed!!

I left office early yesterday, and had to to stopover at the Ramadan Bazaar at Stadium Shah Alam. I went for the atmosphere more than the food. There are not many muslims at my office so you dont feel the ramadhan excitement as much. At my previous workplace, i still remember in the afternoons Pdose & I will start a discussion about food for berbuka, which stall has the best murtabak, those were the days....

Anyway, it was fun. I took this snapshot just for Javard, apparently a Ramadan Bazaar fan whose fasting in Australia. J, they still look the same since you left....;-)


on a less pleasant note........

i got a phone call from Mum after 10p.m.. Angah & Along, my retired aunties got robbed at the mosque during tarawih prayers. You know the curtain dividers between men& ladies...they were in the front row, and placed their bags against the curtains. While they pray, some guys/ boys snacthed the bags from under the curtains.

Along only had RM1 and her glasses in her bag, but Angah had her car keys, house keys and purse in hers. The mosque is like 5 minutes drive away, but a good 15 -20 mins by foot, maybe more at "auntie speed". So they walked to a neighbour's house to call my mum for SOS...the only number they can recall probably. Mum called a mechanic to help with the car and called me to ask what to do. I then called my brother, who called my sister in law who called her brother to go and held (you see.....we have a very bad emergency response plan in the family;-) )

Anyways, they were finally rescued by 2 good neighbours, who broke the current lock and replaced pedlocks for them. And the mechanic came to get the spare keys from Angah and drove the car home - how technical was that - i was expecting some hot-wiring action. I was scared that the "snatcher" will drive away the car, and drop by the house as Angah's address is on her IC. But all ended ok.

Of all places to get robbed......in the house of God in this holy month.

4 comments:

Jill Yusoff said...

I hope they quickly changed the locks! Poor things. These would be the ones who wouldn't want to move when their house was flooded, right? And I am sure whoever took the bags were just there to do their evil deeds. Jahatnya. Btw, do you still have the recipe I mailed to you some Ramadhan back up on your fridge? ;)

anne said...

jill - yup, the same 2 aunties...! And someone found her IC a few kilometers away.

Of course i still have it on my fridge...., and no u cant have it back!;-)

Anonymous said...

desperation can make a person do anything! stay safe ...

anne said...

lx....yup! u too..

javard....touching ke? hehe...u have to share with me yr secret space! Since u not around, maybe i can takeover.