Thursday, September 14, 2006

Back from Bangkok


I've been back since Sunday...with sore legs and feet. Ironic isnt it after spending a few days in the land of spas and massage parlours. The conference was "light & easy. I didnt expect halal food to be a problem. I've been to southern parts of Thailand, like Haadyai, Padang Besar where halal thai food is everywhere. In Bangkok, most halal restaurants are arabic...or maybe we were not well informed. We did have some good food at the conference for the welcome dinner and lunches. Good tomyam! Otherwise, its kebabs and briyanis.


The arabic food reminded me of Bahrain

I love Mango & sticky rice...........

A group of us girls, 5 of us went shopping together whenever we have spare time. All the nite bazaars, weekend market, bargain shops...we were there, which explains the aching legs. One of the nites in the town, back from a late supper in an area resembling Chow Kit, the girls decided to stop by for a midnight manicure and pedicure. I took a raincheck and decided to snap a photo for the blog.


The last few days i've spent in a meeting room, and finally today i can catch up on blogging.

7 comments:

bertique said...

tak nmpk u pun dalam gambo nih ..

mana? mana?

anne said...

betik: that is intentional. Memang takde...

Jill Yusoff said...

you can't run from briyani, can you?

Anonymous said...

so are ur nails all nice and sexy now? ;-D Welcome Back!

anne said...

jill: apparently not!!;-))

alex: i was just the photographer, my frens had the manicure....but they are always nice and sexy...ahaks.

thesexyswede said...

both my parents are muslim, my dad being from the middle east, and my mom being a convert. So we only eat halal food at my house.

Croesus said...

Hi Anne,
Next time before u go off to Bkk check out this site for halal food in Bkk http://asrichascroesus.blogspot.com/