Friday, February 24, 2006

Pleasing Mom & Dad



While Nory is away...Mom & Dad is in town.

Mom & Day are not the happiest people in the world nor are they the most miserable.On normal working days, its just mom, dad and nory the maid. During the weekend, my elder sister comes home and brighten up their life a little bit (well, if she's not overworked and tired)

I will call almost every other day, abang az will call ocassionally and abang an will call once in a blue moon.

Not so long ago, Dr. Riz said dad should not be driving anymore at his age. That affected mom and dad's lives as they are not that mobile anymore.

Mom no longer goes to her "persatuan wanita" meetings, events and other dos like she used to because she feels uncomfortable leaving dad alone. Tak elok lah kan Nory tu bukan muhrim.

Mom and Dad are lonely, they have 2 sons, 2 daughters, 1 adopted daughter, 2 daughter in laws, 2 grandsons, 5 grandaughters yet they lead lonely lives.

Tonight I will fetch them from Abang Az's house and they will be with me the whole weekend. I have cleaned up my humble place, prepared their room, put on clean comforters, laid out my best towels, put 2 sejadah in the study, stocked up the fridge. I am trying to figure out plans to entertain them this weekend.

I will take good care of them. I hope they will be happy.

4 comments:

Jill Yusoff said...

aiya..now i feel guilty. nasib baik just spoke to my mom last night. at least they have you. think of who will entertain us in our twilight years. i declare today a jiwang sentimental day of the month.

Anonymous said...

ur blog entry is like a jolt for me. I have been putting the happiness of my parents in the backburner and perhaps, it's time to revisit them.

anne said...

nekbat...yup! imagine that...:-(

lx...well, we should try our best while they are around, but sometimed we get so drowned with other things

anne said...

w-heart- Jangan cakap macam tu, i pun "not so good"...