Sunday, May 18, 2008

Konsert 9 Akademi Fantasia 6

We are one concert away from the final. Usually, I would feel rather sad to see the end of an AF season, but not this time. Its like a relief to finally see the end of a long, uneventful, forgettable season.

So Stanly didn’t make it to the final. I am ok with the results, except I would have liked it if they booted Toi out as well. But rezeki orang kan.

Official AF votes ranking (Before):
Stacy 19%
Riz 19%
Nadia 17%
Nubhan 17%
Stanly 14%
Toi 14%


Official AF votes ranking (After):
Toi 19% (OOOOMMMMMMGGGGG!!!!)
Stacy 19%
Nubhan 17%
Riz 16%
Nadia 15%
Stanly 14%


Stacy (Beat It)



Overall I thot she did OK. Her articulation wasn’t good but it was a tough song, and difficult choreography. If anybody out of all the remaining students could pull this off, it would be Stacy. Looking back the entire 9 concerts this season, Stacy has earned her ticket to the final.


Toi (Kau Yg Bernama Seri)



Ok he improved, by Toi’s standards mind you. But Malaysia went craaaaazzzzyyy and sent Toi to the top of the rankings. I’m scared. Very scared. What if Toi is crowned AF6 Champion???? Now, that would be one to remember…



Stanly (Kerana)





A long overdue farewell to Stanly. He has suffered long enough. Correction WE have suffered long enough.


Nadia (Lelaki Buaya Darat)




The song suited her vocals. It looked easy for Nadia to pull off this song. Horrid baju tho, ala-ala baju hujan plastic yg jual kat hardware store. I’m glad she got into the finals…hamper hampir terkeluar. If Nadia got voted out, and Toi got into the finals….i would be fuming angry.
Nadia reminds me of Amelya from AF3. Great powerful vocals, but never really the clear favourite. She’s worthy of a finalist, but I am quite sure she wont be crowned champ.



Riz (Rock around the clock)




It wasn’t good for me. Better than last week though. Its fair to say Riz only sings well when given songs in his favourite genre…that is R&B and ballads.
This performance reminded me of Vince singing Bunyi Gitar.

Credit goes to Cikgu Genervie on keyboard. I loved that jazzy solo piano part!.


Nubhan (Tapi Bukan Aku)





This is one of Nubhan’s wish list song. I expected this would be THE performance from him. (I love this song by the way) I feel like beating the boy up. It sounded flat to me at the beginning. Angsa somewhere in the middle. Very awkward hand gestures and purposeless walking around during the bridge. Then he sreamed out his emotions dengan sumbangnya towards the end.
Tapi Ning didn’t comment much on his vocals, so tak tau la if I sorang je rasa tak sedap.



The Duets ( Why tak ada kritik for the duet performances as well)

Stanly & Toi (Lagu Jiwa Lagu Cinta)



Letak tepi the sumbang mambang, the 2 guys look like they were having fun on stage….and I was singing along at home…hehe, if you cant beat them, join them.


Riz & Nadia (Endless Love)




It wasn’t perfect, but it was sweet. Macam betul2 in love je. There was one of the practices in the Diari when I thot Riz sang better than in the concert. Anywho, it was alright. My favourite duet of the night.



Stacy & Nubhan (Ada Cinta)



Stacy has been singing rather upbeat numbers the past few week I almost forgot how good she sound on slow ballads. Nubhan managed to survive the duet without any ‘angsa’. This couple remind me of scenes from Korean drama serials, kan?



One more week to go, any predictions anyone?

6 comments:

Miss Nazla said...

the best part is hanyalah the duets. individual? boring. each of them membosankan. a credit to toi sbb improve.

credit to nubhan kerana MENYUMBANGkan lagu yg bes ni dgn slamber nye.

the duets are sooOoOoo much better. even stanly and toi pun enjoy je. the endless love jgn ckp la kan. sume pun rase mau bercinta. and yeah the last duet reminds me of the koreans.

naseb la si stacy tak over the shadow si nubhan itu hihi!

akupunyahal said...

sok sek kata dari org2 yg minat AF.. katanya this season tak best from the pengacara to the student.. hmmm betul ker?

anne said...

nazla.....hahaha. betul sangat tu. Nubhan menyumbangkan dengan jayanya;-)

anne said...

malim....yes very true. worst season to date in my books.

MOLY said...

risau kalau toi yg menang .. i want stacy !!

:D

wahdi said...

i want Nadia or Stacy to win!
Jgnlah Toi / Nubhan yg menang!
dah le Nubhan rosakan feveret i konsert minggu lepas! *benci hehe