Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy Birthday DAD!


I just got off the phone with my Dad...sedih pulak. I wished him Happy Birthday. Today is his 77th. I wish i'm at home and can make a fuss all over him. These days he stays in bed mostly and can only walk slowly around the house.

I missed those days he and mum will come and stay in my apartment, and i take them jalan-jalan. Dad loves to eat out. Dulu-dulu, he even enjoys it when i take him to watch movies at the Cineplexes (without mom). Its sad to see Dad so weak these days. He and mum dont travel anymore. He is most comfortable at home.

I miss buying him those huge bars of chocolates at the airport before i take a flight home. These days he has to watch his sugar intake. I miss buying him McChicken and Fillet-o-fish which for some reason he doesnt enjoy them anymore. I miss getting him Hello! magazines which he doesnt read anymore. I miss getting him Frank Sinatra CDs which he doesnt care much about anymore (altho he still loves it when i play him the songs). I miss taking him to bookstores and buying him crime storybooks, and the way he will always conteng-conteng any blank pages with his so-called book review. I wish I had given him more of everything while he could still enjoy it. Now the best thing we (the family) can give Dad is to make him as comfortable as possible everyday.

Happy Birthday dear Daddy. I pray to Allah for your good health, panjang umur and murah rezeki. I love you very much!
(and sorry i just mailed your birthday card yesterday!!!!)

12 comments:

Ziana said...

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!!!

Moga pjg umur and ceria disamping anak2...
:)

anne said...

thanks ziana (on behalf):-)

akupunyahal said...

happy besday to uncle

zino said...

selamat hari lahir utk daddy anne.. semuga panjang umur murah rezeki dan di permudah segala urusan.. amin..

anne said...

malim.....thanks

zino......terima kasih. Amin.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday uncle..
semoga pjg umur dan dimurahkan rezeki..
u r a wonderful dauhgter dear..

anne said...

thanks Tinker....Amin.

not sure about the wonderful daughter part. Have to try harder...:-(

adelin_uk said...

salam ziarah..
sedih plak baca nya. coz teringat kat ayah sendiri..
moga pjg umur, mrh rezeki..

MOLY said...

happy birthday to ur dad !!!
masih strong lagi yer ..

moga panjang umur ... dan bertambah sihat hendaknya

:)

anne said...

lily...thanks. tak berapa strong sekarang ni....sedey. gambar tu last year, masa tu dia kuat sikit.
hopefully, bertambah sihat, terima kasih ya.

anne said...

adelin_uk. Salam. thanks adelin. I hope ur ayah is well too.:-)

NN said...

Selamat Hari Lahir to ur Dad..
Semoga dipanjangkan Usia, dan dimurahkan rezki hendakNya..
InsyaAllah..
Aminn..