Friday, December 29, 2006

The Circle of Life

Picture Shhhhh by David April (www.dpcprints.com)

Last night, my prayers were simple....Dear God, please let mum and dad sleep well.

I was watching the Amazing Race..we were all gathered around the TV. Dad, mom, me and my nephew, Jim. And mom and dad fell asleep. I turned down the tv, silent the cell phone and tip- toed around the house.

When my parents reach past 60, they turned into very light sleepers. Lack of sleep just make them tired, moody and irritable...and oh yes, less tolerant of each other....especially Dad.

I'm sure when we were babies, our parents would do anything just to get us to sleep, and tip toe around the house not to wake us up. Life is an interesting cycle, aint it.

4 comments:

Jill Yusoff said...

It is. And I forgot to tell you that Lizzie is staying with me for 14 weeks, looks like we are both hosting families, only yours would be over soon. Eh, 14 weeks of Chacha too, so drop by anytime for some furry time.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Anne ;-) Hope you had a good start to the year!

anne said...

jill: i'd love the company of furry friends....

lx: thanks, happy new year to you too...

Javard: hey J...yup...selalunya tak sedar

sleeps: thanks sleeps, hope it will be a good year for you too...

Lollies said...

eh you made me miss my mum and dad too