Saturday, May 06, 2006

Live from Starbucks!!

Its 11.00 a.m. and i'm back at my fav Starbucks joint. My car is parked right up front...which is a privelege, even on an offday like this in this part of town. Its just me today...dory, my partner-in-crime is entertaining her Mum and family. I had my brunch at the Mamak next door...some white rice, chicken curry, egg and veg. Didnt enjoy it, maybe curry's no good today, or its just eating alone. Anyways, alhamdullilah i'm full and ready for work.

My favourite purple velvet armchair is occupied by Mr. Spiky-hair. He looks like he'll be here a while. I've chosen a strategic position right at this corner. I can see the outside view, the counter and most importantly...Mr. Spiky. I hate it that he has this comfy, contented look on his face while i'm sitting on this hard wooden chair, and i need 2 extra chairs to put my stuff on. You see, the velvet armchairs are positioned facing each other...and in the middle is this long oval table where me and dory will share to put our laptops, books, papers, drinks....I'm determined to take over..as soon as Mr Spiky leaves.

I wish Dory was here...then i dont have to worry about my laptop if i need my pee-pee break. Another reason I love this joint. It has a clean "ladies" inside the joint.

I better get to work, report is due Monday.
*******************************************
11.50a.m.

I could no longer tolerate the wooden chair. My backside feels numb. So i walked up to Mr.Spiky and grabbed him by the collar.....no,no.. it wasnt anything that dramatic. He just packed his laptop and left.

I am back on the velvet chair...contented I am.



...that's my fav velvet chair

after my numerous visits, i think i have figured out coffeenomics. To get more mileage on your coffee, and avoid that almost guilty feeling of sucking in the ambience without refilling your coffee...order a Venti size (extra large for the uninitiated). Today, i'm having Coffe Frap with Cream venti size.....

*******************************************
1.24p.m.

My coffenomics gaining credibility....it's mid-day and i'm just halfway thru the coffee. Its still nice and cold. Hot coffee I have to finish while its hot, i hate it when it gets cold. Unless its meant to be cold coffee...

Dory, you should try my coffeenomics, then you wont be spending 30-40 bucks every trip with 3 tall drinks.

Ahhh,bonus....the nice miss barista just dropped by with a Banana Cream Frapp sampler...
*********************************************

2.35 p.m.

A policeman just put a parking ticket on my car. What can i do but watch helplessly. I would run out and beg, but by the time i notice, the ticket was already on my windscreen, he's on to the next car.

What are the odds...my coffeenomics has gone into deficit, i guess. Just one of those days.
**********************************************

5.00 p.m.

sightings: The good son and his mom. He just made his mum coffee and some sandwiches, how sweet.

6.27 p.m.

i'm tired. Only halfway through editing the report. I might be back tomorrow.

This is Anne reporting for anne's prelude...ahaks.

End of live telecast.

9 comments:

Lollies said...

laaa keta park kat depan pun kena saman. ahaks ahaks.

anne said...

lolls: tu la...,the ticket says obstruction of traffic!

Jill Yusoff said...

woohoo the velvet chair. am in one right now :) but in different location. wish i was there sipping the green tea fraps with u. thot of going there this pm. may be catch a glimpse of the good son but without the mom this time.

signed, dory

anne said...

nekbat: i thot u'd like the pic:-) happy place....wow, 2 joints in a day?

bertique said...

gi starbuck tak ajak.

anne said...

bert: jom, jom gi starbucks. i thot you busy, pegi cupcakes meetings...........

bertique said...

alasan betul. tmpt u lepak, ngan cupcakes party tuh bukan nyer jauh ..

so biler lagik nih? ;)

pearlie said...

so did you get yr pc to work in starbucks dy?

anne said...

bertique: biler eh? i pun not sure biler i'll be going again. its usually spur of the moment thing

maeghan:the office one...no. that was the only time i took it there. I use my own laptop.