Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The waiting game......& the back pain


Nory's replacement never came........now the search continues. I worry about mom & dad. whether they are ok, whether they have food, if they are taking their medicines and vitamins. I worry when dad have to cross the road to get roti canai for breakfast, worry when he drives to buy some lunch. At his age & condition, he shouldnt be driving. I worry about mom overdoing the house chores and hurting herself.

Isnt it ironic that our parents used to do all the worrying and for the most part of it you really dont get it. Now the tables have turned....

In the wee hours of monday morning ,like 3 a.m. i woke up and found myself in front of the tv. I fall asleep in front of the tv very often...but this time with this chronic back pain, and i still feel it. I have had hot baths, put on minyak angin...any other tips you guys may have, please leave a comment.

Now, i have to go spend the next three days in a training room (conducted by Dr. Jeez - if you read my Bahrain post, you'll be sorry for me).

6 comments:

Jill Yusoff said...

Bummer on Nory's replacement. I know how it is to worry. Would have recommended you chiro treatment for the back but my chiro has done a runner. uggh. good luck with dr. jeez

anne said...

nekbat - he..he..i was looking for a home remedy. yup, the worry continues

w-heart - aceh susah cari sikit. I have 3 different agents on standby, but belum dapat lagi.

Lollies said...

oohhh i know how it feels back pain and terrible training room chairs.

try some other chiro. oh you went to see doctor already?

anne said...

lollies - never tried chiro. that's nekbat's territory. he.he
So far the minyak buah pala has helped somewhat. Nope, didnt go see doctor - hope it will go away

Anonymous said...

try rubbing yoko yoko.. lepas tu tampal dengan koyok salonpas(?).. helps-la a bit. as for me, i'd go see my practitioner and get this one week supply of pain killer. prob with back pain is bila you nak avoid using your back (due to the pain, obviously), you will use other parts of your body pulak - which is not used to the extra burden and then the other part will be injured pulak, and then you will have to use your back balik and since it is painful you will use your other parts (ooohhhhhh.. the vicious circle!!!!) so, for me, painkiller really helps. A LOT.

anne said...

thanks achik....i should get myself a yoko-yoko! kalau boleh tak nak lah dependant on pain killers, but i'm sure when it gets bad, no choice. and i totally get the vicious circle part.