Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Paying respects to Lollies

My deepest condolences to my blog-buddy Lollies & family. Ibu Lollies passed away early this morning.

I remember knowing Lollies from my other blog buddy Nekbat a.k.a Dora's blog, then Lollies started dropping comments in mine. Its just a coincidence that soon after my trip to Qatar, Lollies and family was moving there due to her "lover"'s posting there. We exchanged some experience on life in Qatar.

I also remembered how much i felt for Lollies when she had red-tapes problem to return here when her Ibu was hospitalised. When I was on assignment in Bahrain, I had to write some policies on middle east expatriate immigration procedures, so i kind of understood the issues. I was also estatic to hear Lollies finally got on the Qatar Air flight...i sms nekbat saying "lollies should arrive KLIA by now".

It was nice to see how lollies blog buddies was lending support to her. Some of her postings made us cry with her, and some made us laugh out loud. Isnt it strange this connection among a bunch of strangers......

Be strong lollies. Al Fatihah.

4 comments:

Jill Yusoff said...

It is strange. A good strange. This connection with strangers.

anne said...

nekbat, yup - strange in a good way!

Lollies said...

oh my blog buddy. This is such an honour. You being there for all my postings throughout this ordeal did make me stronger somehow. I am okay now. If you are in Qatar, feel free to call me.

anne said...

That's good to know lollies! I'll definitely look you up if i'm ever in Qatar again.