Saturday, August 16, 2008

A New Start

When we stop doing something, like a routine - its hard to start again and get back into it.

I quit gym months ago, and since then i never exercised. My daily routine are not physical either, at best doing some chores around the apartment...need i mention LITTLE apartment.

At the Avon walk, they had a health test booth. Despite my BMI Index being 'below normal', my cholesterol level hit 5.3, which is slightly above the normal reading of 5.17. Haiiishhhhh. NOT GOOD. (btw, this is the first time in my life i've had my cholesterol level tested hehe)

The medical officer said since this is an instant reading, it only reflects your diet for the past week at best. It so happened that whole week, i was on fast food, fried food, eggs and other junk pretty much everyday. I know, ME BAD!!!!

So, i'm trying hard to eat better. No deep fried food for me - which is really hard. I plan to get another test done maybe in a few months' time and i want a much better reading - perhaps a 4 flat.



This morning, i forced myself to start my walking routine. Just around the apartment compound. I did 3 laps, which took me more or less 20 minutes, then i did some strecthes by the pool. All in all a half an hour of exercise. Targeting this routine 3 times per week. Let's start small.

Ideally i should be putting on some weight, BUT avoiding fat. Hmmm....(kena angkat berat mcm ni;-O). Wish me luck.! I dont want to get any thinner than i am. I'm gonna look sick.

I welcome any tips to my reduce cholesterol level..please leave a comment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne,

Only one thing to reduce cholesterol level, eat QUAKER OAT.. it's proven...(put it in your daily consumption.. InsyaAllah one month, settle problem..

NN said...

mm..
sama jugak..
no deep fried food..

no more kfc..!!
hehhee

Shah said...

Bila la my turn to start getting active again.... Keep up the good work Anne ;-)

muadzlife said...

yes..oat is the best recommendation.

hehehhe.. sedap.. makan ngan tomyam..bessss

zino said...

zino pun dah lama tak jogging kat tasik permaisuri tu..betul tu bila dah lama tak di buat nak mula balik memang le liat..

lepas raya le kot mula balik hehe

Y u Z z 9071 said...

drink omega milk

or

eat quaker oats...

kolestrol PASTI turun...

anne said...

geeko,muadz,yuzz: makan Oats ya, pernah baca pasal ni. ok i will definitely makan oats for breakfast lepas ni.

nikli: ha ah, dah start pantang dah. tapi tak best la makan :-(

drshah: thanks, trying to keep it up. you can do it too:-D

zino: wah, lepas raya tu! nak makan puas2 eh?