Sunday, December 11, 2005

Anne's Away From Home Diaries Part 3

It was supposed to be an ordinary day...

Today is Saturday, the beginning of the working week in this part of the world. It feels weird. I was mumbling why people at the KL office didnt reply my email when Dr. Jeez reminded its the weekend in KL.

I was hoping this would be a quite day...we'll leave work early so that i can prepare for my outstation trip tomorrow. (ya, i'm already out of my station obviously). Che-Ah (the nickname i have given to the beautiful arab lady who is in charge of this project) had to invite Dr Jeez and i to join her for a talk about Gender Equality after work. Supposedly the institute organising it is close to our apartment. Dr. Jeez of coz wont give up such "exciting events". Predictably boring stuff delivered by a sweet looking japanese lady approaching retirement age..after what felt like 5 hours of monotonous speech..surprisingly the Q&A got pretty exciting with the pak arabs in their jubah having their say of the matter heard. I thot it will never end until the MC got up to apologise- no more questions from the floor; thank god. Nope too good an ending. Dr. Jeez had to put up his hand, and the MC was apologizing nicely that the speaker is tired and its late........but he blurted out so loud, like tak faham bahasa "You want to hear experience from MALAYSIA???"...OMG, i wanted to dissapear...at the time, they were about to present a gift to the speaker. I can hear people at the back in chorus saying "NO" to Dr Jeez....

With Dr Jeez around, you pray for an uneventful day. Tell me, am i overreacting????

He's driving me to the airport tomorrow morning......trust me i would get a cab if that is an option.

1 comment:

Jill Yusoff said...

you are having too much fun, it's killing me. NOT!