Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Abscence: From Doha to Bahrain

When I started this blog, Dora warned me that you have to update your blog daily or at least every other day to keep it alive. I was determined to do so, and i thot i was doing ok.......until that day in Ramadhan (14 Oct to be exact) , i was told to fly to Doha, Qatar for work the following day. In between getting the passport renewed, last minute packing, sorting out work, thrown in a "deep-shit" project (pardon the language).......it was supposed to be a 3 day trip, and it ended up to be a week. I arrived KL on Saturday morning, delivered a talk at a local Uni that afternoon, shopped frantically for mum n dad, managed to squeeze in a "release-tension" session with dora n lizzie, unpack n pack, and get on the morning flight home for hari raya.

I came back a week later, sort things out for my trip to Bahrain. Yup i'm now in Bahrain for work. Arrived on 16 November, so i've been here one week to be exact. While we are on dates, let me announce to the cyber world - TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!! Never mind the age......Stuck here somewhere in the middle east, on my birthday..No one here knows of course, and i'm not gonna spill the beans coz if i mention today is my birthday, they are bound to pop the how old are you, and you are still single question..

Drop me comments, guys. I so need to hear from home. Work n life here enough to drive me nuts.

4 comments:

anne said...

thanks woundedheart!!!

Jill Yusoff said...

Coffee when you get back? And a night about town.

anne said...

yup...latte with whipped cream, cheasecake, chocolate banana cake, nasi lemak

can?

Jill Yusoff said...

can, can, but for nasik lemak we go elsewhere la, not the place we went to last time.