Monday, October 17, 2005

Campaign: Say No to Ramadhan Buffet

With the exception of last year, me and my girlfrens used to have this "tradition" of a buka puasa get-together. We will go to some hotel's buffet ramadhan and buka puasa together while catching up on old times. Last year, me & dora voted against it (shalimar was not amused, where was holly??), and settled for a minimal buka puasa at dora's place.

It's just my personal opinion that forking up about RM50 to have a feast is against the spirit of ramadhan. I guess there are exceptions, like kenduri for orphans and the needy, but just to satisfy your "nafsu", .............doesnt seem right when there are people who dont even have enough to eat. Anyways, I'm not the best company for a buffet spread coz my "tank" reaches max. capacity pretty fast, then you have at the back of your mind I paid that much money, i have to eat my $$$$'s worth....i'll end up feeling sick after.

Nothing against people who enjoy the buffets, i'm sure they all have their own reasons...but for now, me & dora shall stick to our campaign...altho i heard wind that she's having a feast of her own at home!!! ahaks.....

3 comments:

Jill Yusoff said...

Hardly a feast my dear, *Tak nak mengaku tu* though Johan has been asking if there is any place worth looking into for the buffet. But that was before he found out about the angio la. And if I have to *still tak nak mengaku*, I would choose my 'off-day' to go.

anne said...

he..he..i havent had my off-days either

Anonymous said...

Its okay... shalimar found new partners to go.......

By the way semalam Shalimar spend sometime with... ahhh now what should I call 'im????