Wednesday, June 13, 2007

About Yesterday

Gambar sekadar hiasan...tidak ada kena mengena denga cerita dibawah;-)
(From the Langkawi Album)


Yesterday’s plan was to get my new laptop from Geek (its an IT shop at New Wing 1 Utama, cute kan nama dia). I’ve been scouting around for a new laptop since the “lightning strike” sending my modem n beloved laptop to the dumps I’ve narrowed it down to a few choices, but mostly I checked online.. On Monday, masa jalan-jalan lepas gym, masuk Geek to check out the laptops.

Sometimes, the sales person does determine the purchase. These days laptop prices are pretty standard so prices memang dah fixed no matter where you buy. This guy at Geek, lets call him Geekguy was just amazing (and did I mention cute…no, no, that didn’t influence me…yeah right).

I’m not the most technical person, but I do want to understand the specs I’m getting…like what difference does it make if I get a 1.86 compared to a 1.73GHz processor, core duo v core 2 duo, vista or xp, vista basic or premium……..anyways the Geekguy came to the rescue, explained everything but not pushy or selling…gave options to dwell on. When I’ve decided I could just call him one hour before pick up so that he can install software and setup the notebook. Excellent. Doesn’t it irritate the hell out of you when these people practically shove things on you, oversell….’buy this one la…very good one…”

Back to my day, I woke up at 5am and couldn’t get back to sleep. I was still in two minds whether I should upgrade the Vista Home Basic to Home Premium, whether I have that option, if yes would the graphic card support the new Aero feature….so I got on the net to find out more. I couldn’t call Geek at 5am, so I had 5 hours to kill. So I thot….

At 8.30a.m the client who remained silent the entire week called.

“Cik Anne, sorry I tak call you …nak call semalam but it was already late, but there is a meeting at 10a.m. today, and if you don’t catch this person today….bla bla”

(between last nite and the morning of the meeting, which one is later…go figure woman)

I jumped out of bed. This lady said she will call again to confirm the logistics with another lady whom I never met. So I jumped into the shower, and got dressed with whatever that doesnt need ironing. By the time she called to confirm-confirm…it was after 9, and I have to get to Taman Tun to pick up this other lady, drive to Seri Kembangan and be there at 10am. Shit.

And the meeting was disorganized and bordering unnecessary. All these people using terminologies while not understanding what they mean. Tiring! However, we firm up some dates which means some revenue for me this month (thank god!). While the other ladies ramble over things that didn’t concern me, I was frantically sms-ing friends whom I promised to have lunch with at 1Utama. And I haven’t called the Geekguy!

I thot I can just drop off the lady back at Taman Tun, still make it for lunch which I’ve conveniently arranged 2 floors down from Geek, call Geekguy during lunch to finalise the specs, jalan-jalan while Geekguy do the setting up and then collect my new toy. No…..the lady after convincing me that I can get back to Damansara in 30 minutes from Seri Kembangan wanted me to detour and drop her off at Sri Hartamas for her lunch date. (Bad idea at lunch hour!) By the time I got to Bakerzin, my friends finished lunch. Though I hadn’t eaten the whole day, I was too flustered to eat. I finally settled for some profiteroles and the girls had to leave soon after.

Anyways, dipendekkan cerita all ended well. I got my laptop one hour after calling the cute Geekguy. Very happy coz I got free ram upgrade to 1Gig, so that I have enough memory to use Vista Premium (the graphics' far nicer), which Geek upgrade for add-onn of RM100 only. Nantilah later I letak pics. Still using my borrowed laptop to settle some work before I play with my new toy.

11 comments:

EDDY PURNAMA said...

am still saving up 2 buy myself a mac book.....need a change....dah tak larat guna windows.....

but still looove my current lap top...alhamdulilah baru celebrate our 3 years anniversary 2 gether...this is the lap top i bought specifically for blogging...alhamdulilah...never dissapointed me...

Vernon Kedit said...

Don't you just love cute shop assistants? They make shopping so much more fun!

anne said...

eddy....i'd love to have a mac one day too. A white one! Tapi the whole getting used to mac thing, a little bit worrying.

Anyways, jangan sebut-sebut, nanti current laptop merajuk...haha

anne said...

mr manager....hey, its been a while since u dropped by! Cute...Yup definitely a bonus..hehe.

Anonymous said...

next time i go looking for RAM or notebook upgrade I know who to bring ;-)

Vista is cool yah?

bertique said...

vote for vista yo!

cool to the max kan? hehe nak2 love the new excel, takyah nak pikir2 buat formula panjang2 hehe .. everything is just a click away.

they should have that features long time ago la, nyusahkan org jek nak hafal the coding and formula hu hu

picture! picture! picture!

please ...

anne said...

lx....u mocking me??:-P

ya the display graphics are cool.

bert....havent explore to the max yet. ok, ok...picture coming up.

Anonymous said...

aiya. ni sesi menghasut suruh I tukar lappy jugak ke?

btw my laptop is going to be 5 y.o this july. setia tak setia tu.
tapi.. da mule nk buat perangai. keyboard some alphabets not functioning. tu yg blog dr workplace. hahahaha

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

i presume the guy u met is FALIQ..he's my fren..i used to work there during the university holiday.. pity u ..u didnt find me before u buy the laptop..or else..cheaper price :P

Anonymous said...

anne, asik about yesterday je. bila nk buat about today? hehe

anne said...

syana, ok ok..dah update tu.

raja akmal....:-P